Is it me, or has 2009 been a *very* long year? Heck, I think this month is dragging on forever...but that's another topic for another day. I saw a lot of awesome shows during 2009. Some were in tiny clubs, some at sheds or arenas, some at sweat-soaked festivals and even a few on a cruise ship! With that, my list of the concerts I enjoyed the most during 2009.
10. John Corabi @ McGuffys House of Rock in Dayton, Ohio - December
I finally heard "Hooligan's Holiday" Live!
09. Kix @ Rams Head Live in Baltimore, Maryland - September
The band played "Tear Down the Walls" and I jumped for joy!
08. Whitesnake @ Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio - July
Finally - "Still of the Night" and David Coverdale, live!
07. Steel Panther @ M3 Rock Festival, Baltimore, Maryland - May
The band I wanted to see live most this year rocked my socks off and made me laugh until I cried!
06. Slipknot @ Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio - May
A great way to kick off festival season - a crazy pit, some great friends and "Psychosocial."
05. Motley Crue @ Metro Center in Rockford, Illinois - February
A special trip to visit Heather and a night with the Crue. I've never seen Motley more tight than at this show - and a member of Cheap Trick came out to jam with the band! That's Glam.
04. Adam Lambert [American Idols Live] @ Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana - September
Heather and I live about a million miles apart now, so we met halfway in Indianapolis just to see Adam Lambert shake his money-maker live. It was worth sitting through the rest of the Idols to watch Mr. Lambert sing "Whole Lotta Love" live.
03. Drowning Pool @ Crue Fest II, Las Vegas, Nevada - August
I interviewed the band on their bus before the show and they were a jolly crew. They also single-handedly blew the other bands away with their heavy set, causing me to walk away a major fan.
02. Lynam @ Shiprocked, The Caribbean - November
I love this band, so I'm biased. Whatever. Lynam rocks my world and seeing them play an open air stage on the deck of a luxury liner at 2 a.m. the last night of Shiprocked made my cruise.
01. Britney Spears @ The Jerome Schottenstein Center, Columbus, Ohio - April
This is the single most over-the-top concert I've ever seen. Circus performers, flying dancers, Britney half-naked. There's a reason the Circus tour cost millions a week to produce. Worth every penny for those expensive tickets. Even my husband had a good time.
So, what were your favorite tours/live shows of 2009? I'm already looking ahead to 2010 and getting itchy for the festival announcements.