Everyone and her sister has completed "25 Random Things" on Facebook. Everyone, that is, but me. I decided I don't have 25 random facts (about me) that I want to share with the world.
So, let's do 25 random things about Glam. Here's the list compiled by me and my BFF from down under Christian.
01. Poison looked like women until GnR hit big; their next album cover, they looked like GnR.
02. According to Stephen Davis in Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns n' Roses, Slash wore a "Poison Sucks" T-shirt in the "Paradise City" video. Remember, Slash also auditioned for Poison.
03. All the bands that say they are glad to be playing small clubs again - are liars.
04. Rocklahoma did not invent the festival concept in America. They did, however, create a great all-Glam event.
05. Def Leppard were not scared of being called "Metal" when it was popular.
06. Vince would have kicked Axl's ass, given the chance.
07. Glam musicians did not do public service announcements about drug use out of the kindness of their hearts.
08. When Vince left Motley, he made a perfect Motley record, but with good solos.
09. When Vince left Motley, the band recorded their strongest effort as a band.
10. The 80s are suddenly cool again - but the diehards know that good music never goes out of style.
11. Internet radio helped put Glam Metal on the map for today's teenagers.
12. The 80s were the classic period for great Metal magazines. True fans still have copies of their favorite Metal mags, archived and stored in tubs "just in case."
13. Mullets were never Glam. They were, however, Billy Ray Cyrus.
14. A flaming codpiece is never a substitute for being able to play or write songs.
15. A lot of bands slag Poison, yet will never be as successful or have as much fun.
16. The Grammy voters hate Glam musicians.
17. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voters hate Glam musicians.
18. Anyone that says they hate Glam, Hair Metal, Pop Metal or whatever - is a liar. Everyone likes at least one Glam song - even the Death Metal fanatic that sits three desks away from you and is slightly obsessed with fire.
19. Even if your guitarist is not very good, if he (or she) doesn't get to play in the studio, you're not a real band.
20. No matter how many people you've had sex with, boasting about it in interviews just makes us think you don't have a very big penis.
21. Glam bands always do better with a blond singer.
22. Being a reality TV star does hurt your Metal cred.
23. Awesome musician does not always equal great actor. In fact, it rarely does.
24. There's nothing more embarrassing than Glam bands releasing grunge albums and saying how much they hated using hair spray in the 80s.
25. Serious note here: Steven Adler is reliving his youth every day and killing himself. It's no longer very Glam to go out via a drug overdose.